Dr. Nate Gross loves working with great people and ideas at the intersection of health, policy and technology.
He is the co-founder of Rock Health (the full service seed fund for health startups) and Doximity (the professional network for physicians). He graduated from the Emory University School of Medicine with an MD, Harvard Business School with an MBA and Claremont McKenna College with a BA in Government.
He serves on the advisory board for the SXSW Accelerator and the Institute for Pediatric Surgical Innovation at Children's National Medical Center.
Areas of interest:
digital health, medical communication, mobile technologies, health policy, entrepreneurship, medical education.
- Grand Rounds, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston
- Carnegie Mellon, Heinz College, Pittsburgh
- SXSW Hatch Pitch Competition Judge, Austin
- Health 2.0 Houston, Inaugural Keynote, Houston
- Stanford Graduate School of Business, Palo Alto
- Stanford Medicine X, Palo Alto
- Medicine 2.0, Harvard Medical School, Boston
- UCSF Department of Hospital Medicine, San Francisco
- Health 2.0 Silicon Valley, Keynote, Sunnyvale
- NASA Human Health & Performance Center, Broadcast
- NHHPC mHealth - Smart Media and Health, Washington
- UCSF Internal Medicine Residency HSL Track, San Francisco
- Venture Capital in the Bay Area, San Francisco
- Health Data Initiative, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda
- Innovation in Medical Communication
NEJM 200th Anniversary Essay Contest Winner
- Use of Balloon Aortic Valvuloplasty to Size the Aortic Annulus Before Implantation of a Balloon-Expandable Transcatheter Heart Valve
Babaliaros V et. al. J Am Coll Cardiol Intv. 2010;3(1):114-118.
- The Next Zuckerberg? CNBC
- Med tech’s top 10 stories from 2012, Venture Beat
- Interview: Prescriptions for your health startup, Stanford Medicine X
- Can Silicon Valley Help Boost Health-Care Startups? Fox Business News
- Why the Supreme Court's Decision Won't Hurt Health Startups, BostInno
- Health startups learn to compete in Silicon Valley, Reuters
- Wonk Lens Interview, Delve
- iPad App From Doximity Supports Collaboration, Messaging, eWeek
- Platform Design with the User in Mind, mHealth Zone Radio
- Doximity: Doctor-Only Network Community, NBC Austin