Dr. Nate Gross loves working with great people and ideas at the intersection of health, policy and technology.
He is the co-founder of Rock Health (the seed accelerator for health startups) and Doximity (the HIPAA-compliant physician network). He graduated from the Emory University School of Medicine with an MD, Harvard Business School with an MBA and Claremont McKenna College with a BA in Government.
He serves on the advisory board for the SXSW Accelerator and the Institute for Pediatric Surgical Innovation at Children's National Medical Center.
Areas of interest:
digital health, medical communication, mobile technologies, health policy, entrepreneurship, medical education.
- Grand Rounds, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston
- Carnegie Mellon, Heinz College, Pittsburgh
- SXSW Hatch Pitch Competition Judge, Austin
- Health 2.0 Houston, Inaugural Keynote, Houston
- Stanford Graduate School of Business, Palo Alto
- Stanford Medicine X, Palo Alto
- Medicine 2.0, Harvard Medical School, Boston
- UCSF Department of Hospital Medicine, San Francisco
- Health 2.0 Silicon Valley, Keynote, Sunnyvale
- NASA Human Health & Performance Center, Broadcast
- NHHPC mHealth - Smart Media and Health, Washington
- UCSF Internal Medicine Residency HSL Track, San Francisco
- Venture Capital in the Bay Area, San Francisco
- Health Data Initiative, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda
- Innovation in Medical Communication
NEJM 200th Anniversary Essay Contest Winner
- Use of Balloon Aortic Valvuloplasty to Size the Aortic Annulus Before Implantation of a Balloon-Expandable Transcatheter Heart Valve
Babaliaros V et. al. J Am Coll Cardiol Intv. 2010;3(1):114-118.
- The Next Zuckerberg? CNBC
- Med tech’s top 10 stories from 2012, Venture Beat
- Interview: Prescriptions for your health startup, Stanford Medicine X
- Can Silicon Valley Help Boost Health-Care Startups? Fox Business News
- Why the Supreme Court's Decision Won't Hurt Health Startups, BostInno
- Health startups learn to compete in Silicon Valley, Reuters
- Wonk Lens Interview, Delve
- iPad App From Doximity Supports Collaboration, Messaging, eWeek
- Platform Design with the User in Mind, mHealth Zone Radio
- Doximity: Doctor-Only Network Community, NBC Austin